Christmas tournament 2017
Welcome to Overseal Running Club's Christmas tournament 2017In the run up to Christmas 2017, ORC ran a special two week event instead of the usual points competition.
Christmas Tournament 2017 - Round 1
Christmas Tournament 2017 - Quarter final
Christmas Tournament 2017 - Semi final
Christmas Tournament 2017 - Final
Here’s the rules (it’s a bit like every other tournament…)
- On Saturday 9th December, six groups of four will be drawn.
- The group stages will run from Monday 11th December to Saturday 16th December.
- Points will be scored according to the current rules.
- The top two people from each group plus the next four highest scoring people overall will advance to the knockout stages.
- A series of two day head-to-heads, simply score more points than the other person to advance.
- Current rules will be used, but the total from the last two days will be used in place of the last week.
- R1: Winner of group A vs 1st Runner-Up
- R2: Winner of group B vs 2nd Runner-Up
- R3: Winner of group C vs 3rd Runner-Up
- R4: Winner of group D vs 4th Runner-Up
- R5: Winner of group E vs 2nd in group A
- R6: Winner of group F vs 2nd in group B
- R7: 2nd in group C vs 2nd in group F
- R8: 2nd in group E vs 2nd in group D
- QF1: Winner of R1 vs Winner of R2
- QF2: Winner of R3 vs Winner of R4
- QF3: Winner of R5 vs Winner of R6
- QF4: Winner of R7 vs Winner of R8
- SF1: Winner of QF1 vs Winner of QF2
- SF2: Winner of QF3 vs Winner of QF4
- F1: Winner of SF1 vs Winner of SF2
If you’d rather not be included, please let Mat know via Facebook. Otherwise, good luck - Tim might get something special for the winner!